Scope of Care
Vermont Eye Surgery & Laser Center’s Scope of Care:
- The Eye Surgery & Laser Center is a Joint Commission and Medicare Certified Ambulatory Surgery Center.
- Our hours of Operation are Monday thru Thursday, 7:00 am – 4:30 pm.
- The Eye Surgery Center performs elective surgical procedures to ambulatory patients in ASA Level one, two or three.
ASA 1. A Normal Healthy Patient
ASA 2. A Patient with a mild systemic disease
ASA 3. A Patient with severe system disease that limits activity but is not incapacitating
- The Eye Surgical Procedures are performed by Ophthalmologist/Surgeons with credentialed privileges at The Eye Surgery Center and they are assisted by appropriately trained personnel.
- An RN and MD will always be present whenever there is a patient in The Eye Surgery Center
Below are some of the more common surgical procedures performed by our Ophthalmologist/Surgeons at The Eye Surgery Center:
- Cataract Extraction with IOL (Intraocular Lens) Implant
- Corneal and Partial Corneal Transplant
- Excision Pterygium with or without amniotic graft
- i-Stent/intraocular microinvasive glaucoma surgery
- Vitrectomy – anterior or posterior chamber
- Excision of Chalazion
- Trabeculectomy with or without Mitomycin C
- Lacrimal Duct probing
- Temporal Artery Biopsy
- Blepharoplasty upper & lower lids
- Brow Ptosis repair
- Entropion / Ectropion repair
- Conjunctival Mullerectomy
- Mullers Muscle Repair